Thursday, July 10, 2008

Park City Perfect 10

This Saturday is the Park City Perfect 10 race.

http://www.parkcityperfect10.com/

Complete as many laps in the 10 hours as you can. Each lap is about 7 miles with 900 ft of vertical.

There are options for Solo, Duo, or 4 person teams. I signed up for the solo.

The course looks great. It's actually on the Deer Valley resort. Part of the climb includes the Team Big Bear route which is really a fun climb. (I'm not sure how fun this will be after a few laps). My plan is to do this and log some long training miles on dirt and not treat it as a race. In fact, I doubt I'll ride the entire 10 hours.

I'm going to pack a cooler full of water, Carbo Rocket, and Diet Coke. Have a stash of PB & honey sandwiches, and some soup, a chair and hopefully some sort of tent for shade and see how long I can ride.

It will be fun in a very painful way.

4 comments:

Grizzly Adam said...

of luck Rick! I really, really wish I could be there.

Scorch it!

Grizzly Adam said...

Somehow the "Best" at the beginning of my initial comment vanished.

Best of luck, I was trying to say...

KanyonKris said...

If I wasn't doing STP this weekend, I'd be there.

Have a good time!

Aaron said...

You say it's just about logging some miles now, but I have a feeling that your race strategy might change once you line up with 30 other racers...