Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Rachelle!

Today is Rachelle's birthday. She turns 29 (or close to it). Happy birthday Rachelle!

I took the day off work to hang with her. We were lucky to have Jay take our kids for the morning so Rachelle and I could get out for a mtb ride (Thanks Jay).


I brought along the flip video to capture some of the Clarks climb. I still can't get over the fact that we have mtb trails this good just outside our front door.


One of my favorite things to do is ride with Rachelle. We don't get out enough together. Life is just too busy with 3 kids and a full time job. She can set a fast pace on the climbs and the heat never seems to bother her which was a good thing today since the temps spiked to 101 degrees.

Check her out rounding the U turn near the top of Clarks.



As I was filming this, the thought occurred to me that this might be the ticket to a faster Clarks TT for me. Let Rachelle go a few minutes ahead of me so I can chase. I guess the only problem would be if I caught her, I wouldn't want to pass. I'd like the view too much.


After the ride, Rachelle cruised home to shower while I did another lap on Clarks. I met her back at the house, we jumped in the car, drove to Hagermans (sp?) and had a nice relaxing lunch together.

I'm so lucky to have a wife who is so good with our kids, likes to ride, and can eat anything she wants and still stay skinny.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Rachelle. I'm always looking for good gifts for Tasha so let me know if Rick gets you anything good.

whitney said...

happy birthday raquel!! Hope your day was the best 29th birthday yet!! xoxo whit

Rick Sunderlage said...

He gave me a really good ride today. Does that help?
Rachelle

KanyonKris said...

Good pace up Clarks, Rachel! Happy birthday. I'm also grateful my wife likes to mountain bike - many good memories together.

KanyonKris said...

OK, maturity test here - will anyone make any snide replies to Rachelle's comment?

andy said...

a flip mino? gee i bought one of those. and then a week later put it in a ziplock bag and got in a raft and then fell in the water. guess what....ziplock bags don't keep out water. and my week-old flip mino is now a paperweight!


%^&@!!!

Rick Sunderlage said...

I'm not gonna lie....I'm a little bit sore from the "ride".

Rick Sunderlage said...

andy- Bummer. That really sucks.

Jaynann said...

aww...that was sweet. So glad you could ride together.