Monday, July 28, 2008

I might have a problem

Is it normal to dedicate an entire room in your house to cycling?

About a month ago Rachelle and I decided to finally finish our basement. It should be done by the end of this week (Note: I didn't do any of the work myself which is why it has only taken 3-4 weeks).

One of the requirements for me was to have a bike/gear room where I can store all my stuff. It's not a big room and it isn't fancy but its a spot to have all my bike gear in one place. No more digging through my sons's closet to find the other arm wamer which is part of his ninja outfit, or looking in Rachelle's drawer for my favorite jersey which happens to be pink (probably explains why it ends up in her stuff). I can finally have one room to keep it all together. It may not seem like a big deal but I'm pretty excited about it.

It's only a matter of time before I crash into one of the walls when I ride my rollers this winter. (And when I do, Rachelle will there with her camera) But that's okay. It's a cycling room and that stuff is supposed to happen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about a bike shaped bed with bike sheets and bikes painted on the walls?

Botched

Anonymous said...

unless you plan to have all your stuff laid out in view on the floor, you've just traded digging in seth's toy box for your arm warmer to digging through 4 gear bags in your bike room for that arm warmer.

wish i had a bike room.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Dan- you are giving me the creeps.
Dug- I wish I had your bike.

KanyonKris said...

Why is it OK for the woman to have rooms in the house, but not the man? Sewing room, Dining room (really, no man cares about a dining room - the kitchen is fine), music room, nursery. And the man gets ... the garage, or maybe a den (so Brady Bunch).

In the name of gender equality you DESERVE your bike room. It's not an indulgence, it's parity. And if not parity, it's reparation for historical injustices of the past.

My wife better not read this, or I'm doomed.

I Am Woody said...

You mean everyone doesn't have one??