Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Losing Sleep

Update: http://www.velonews.com/article/81072/paper-lance-armstrong-registered-for-leadville-100

It's in my head. The Leadville 100 is 10 days away. It's all I can think about. I'm starting to lose sleep. Not only that but I find myself doing silly things like washing my hands several times per day or not letting my kids drink out of my Diet Coke cuz you know, what if they have a cold or something? The last thing I want is to get sick the week of the race.

I weigh myself twice per day. Every pound can help. I'm down to 163 lbs as of this morning.

Lately when I ride, I find myself taking it slow on the downhill. Just last week both Sam and Dug crashed and are nursing injuries. I don't need that.

I know I should relax and not worry as much but I can't. Having trained for this one ride all year, I want to be sure I can put in a good effort.

I've never been this worried about a stupid ride. I don't like it. I want it all to be over.

7 comments:

Grizzly Adam said...

Hang in there! At this point you are as ready as ever. Get out there and rock it. Sub 9!

Anonymous said...

don't get yourself too worked up. I had a big ride last year that I did the same things you have here and bonked like no other. son of a....still haunts me. not going to do that this year

Anonymous said...

tibble saturday?

Flyin' Ute said...

Bro. You must chill. Do not go on a ride over 2 hours from here on out. lay low. don't wind your heart up.

Sub 9 baby. Gotta go slow if you wanna go fast.

Don't wind your heart up.

KanyonKris said...

Be sure to ask Lance abut doping - he loves the topic.

I hope Lance shows.

Anonymous said...

As usualy, you've got it all wrong.

You need to release some of the Karmic pressure you've built up. Your preparation over the last 9 months has gone fantastically, which has resulted in a lot of colds, injuries, and difficulties that you DID'T get building up.

If I were you I'd try get sick NOW, so that you won't get sick on race day.

Also, you should pick a bone that you don't think you'll need, say your nose for instance, and go ahead and break it.

I think that'd do it: an intense 24 hour flu and a broken nose would mostly even you out and guarantee that you could get through the Lville 100 needing only to battle gravity, weather, and wind. For SUPERLAGE, those natural phenomena are nothing.

Botched

Anonymous said...

botched, in the middle of a FIVE paragraph comment, did you ABBREVIATE leadville?

ran out of time, did you?