Friday, October 30, 2009

UPDATE (Again) - Hell-o-Ween will be in Orem

It snowed again in Draper (still snowing) so we are moving the Hell-O-Ween Night Ride to Orem where the trails are bone dry.

We will be meeting at the shooting range above the Orem Cemetery ready to ride at 10pm.

Map here (thanks Kris for putting this together!)

If you take 1600 North in Orem all the way to the base of the mountain. The road will start to curve south and turn into 800 East. Just before the Orem Cemetery, there is a steep paved road on the left with a sign that says Bonneville Shoreline Trail (I'll have a Hell-O-Ween sign there too). Take that road up to the shooting range parking lot at the base of the "water tank road".

$1 entry fee.

The first one to the top of the jeep road climb (where it tops out above the race course) get's the money. We will then regroup and hit the single track section (probably do Kenny's trail to Frank up to the altar and then head over to Dry).

Bring your costume and come ride. See you there.

6 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Sounds good. I'll try to be there around 9:30 to help setup.

I like the ride route. Everyone, you'll like these trails.

For "breakfast" there's a Village Inn down by University Mall, but closer is a Denny's by K-Mart (485 N State).

I'll see if Jolene (my wife) can bring up some hot chocolate. Would it be best before or after the ride?

South County Ciclista said...

See you there. I guess I better change my worn tires for tonight.

KanyonKris said...

I made a map (and had some fun with it).

Keith said...

All entries get Powerbar treats curtesy of Mad Dog Cycles Race Team and Powerbar. So your $1 not only buys you race entry but a Wild Berry Powerbar...mmmm..Of course it will be frozen.

Ski Bike Junkie said...

I'm committed at this point. We had a chili cookoff at work today. Sampled ten chilis and then chased it with a ginormous chocolate cupcake. Need to work some of that off.

I do not recommend riding behind me. I will be contesting the hill climb, however, so I think a few will be unlucky in that regard.

KanyonKris said...

SBJ, thanks for giving me an excuse for not contesting the hill climb.