Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Transition

This time of the year is always hard for me. The weather is changing and is unpredictable. It's usually too wet, dark and cold to bike but too early to ski. I tend to get very grumpy and despressed. October usually means early mornings spent in a spin class listening to crappy music.

In years past, I've looked forward to backcountry skiing and have used that as good cross training.

but something is different this year. I'm still in bike mode and am not yet ready to hang up the bikes for the season.

I've been trying to plan out my winter training schedule. Something that can keep me in good form during the winter. Jamie and Brad have both used a software package from trainingpeaks.com that can outline a winter training schedule based on the amount of time you have to train and your race goals. Maybe I'll try that.









No comments: