Monday, June 8, 2009

Like A Ninja

Now that the kids are out of school for the summer, most of my rides are early morning before work. I need to brush up on my ninja like stealth moves so I can get ready in the dark without waking the kids. Specifically the 3yr old.

After using the bathroom at 5:45am, I stood there contemplating if I should flush or not. A flush at 5:45am is loud and is a dangerous move. (I flushed). I put my contacts on in the dark, tip toed into the kitchen and ate my cereal without chewing.

I made my way into the garage, pumped up the tires, finished getting my gear on and was about to roll out when I heard a little voice. My 3rd old had heard me and came out to see what I was doing.....Doh!

I made her some chocolate milk in a sippy cup, found here favorite morning show on the Tivo, and gave her a blanket and was off.

After my 1.5 hour ride, I came home and found her sitting on the couch where I left her. The other 2 kids and Rachelle still sound asleep.

Dad-0 Sage-1

The game begins.

6 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

Doesn't the saying go, "if its yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down."

Rick Sunderlage said...

Brandon- I like that saying. And by the way, it was yellow. I shouldn't have flushed.

tibiker said...

Be glad you don't have a dog. I've had my routine dialed for years, then we got a dog for Xmas and the little booger is in the bathroom right by the garage in her kennel. It's nearly impossible to get out without waking her and having her start barking to go out and tinkle. They really can hear well. Good news though, I just take her out and then put her in the back hall and don't have to deal with Tivo or hot chocolate.

eber said...

every morning I pull the pump off the valve I wince then listen intently for movement or wimpers upstairs.

early morning ride prep is fraught with psychological strain.

KanyonKris said...

Sneaking around in the pre-dawn hours, playing sardines at night. Is it a Suncrest thing?

dug said...

when i bought my first house on 800 north in orem, i had a similar dilemna--maddy was freshly made, and a very light sleeper. we had old wooden floors that creaked like crazy.

every morning i would shuffle, never lifting my socked feet off the floor, to the back door, sneak out, and pee off the back patio.

all so i could sneak back into bed and get another hour of sleep.

kim just stopped drinking after 8pm.