Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Socks

My sock drawer is full of cycling socks. It's pretty much all I wear anymore. I've given up on style and have gone straight to function. Cycling socks fit better and breathe better. I wear them with suit pants, shorts, jeans and sometimes during "business time" (I think you all know what I'm talking about. If not, go watch the Flight of the Conchords clip.)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kHOSEcmZvG8


I used to wear the low cut cycling socks but lately I've really liked the higher cut. They look goofy with lycra but that's why I like them. And I really like black socks. Black socks with shorts is a fashion "No No" but I think it's a cool look. Just don't wear them with sandals.

These are my thoughts on cycling socks.

10 comments:

Grizzly Adam said...

I am with you on the higher cut socks. It's all I ever wear anymore. I gotta get me some of those hot red T6 socks.

Anonymous said...

But I only wear those socks for two minutes because they're so intense!

Anonymous said...

two minutes of heaven are better than one minute of heaven.

Aaron said...

We may need to start calling cycling socks business socks. Ahh yeah, that's it!

Anonymous said...

Wait, it's cool to wear dorky socks with lycra, but it's not cool to wear dorky socks with sandals?

tibiker said...

Does your "smokin hot wife" have any "Team Building 99" socks?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Ever since T6 came up with fatty's socks I order a pair or two during T6's sales. Is it okay to wear the skull socks to church?

dave

Anonymous said...

It's OK to wear the skull socks to church as long as it's business time after church. Love those Sunday afternoon naps (even though I think the last one happened something like ten years ago, before the children were born and developed the nasty habits of eating and wearing clothes).

Grizzly Adam said...

I get my afternoon naps in Elder's Quorum. Wait, you don't?

KanyonKris said...

Let me get this straight: shaved legs, mixed kit and tall socks. Ooookay then, this is for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXyoMMAQ7U8