Friday, December 7, 2007

Big Plans

I have big plans for 2008:

1) I want to use my commute more for training. The Alpine Loop is about as good a ride as any and Suncrest (south side) isn't half bad either.

2) I want to do more races. Utah has so many fast riders and the races always get a good turn out. It's the perfect way to gage my fitness every couple of weeks. During the Spring, Summer, Fall there is usually a cool road race or mtb race going on just about every weekend.

3) I need to get much faster (or at least fast enough for a sub-9 time at Leadville). The only way to do this is to get smarter with my training. With my family and job as first priorities, every ride is precious. Time to use my time on the bike more efficiently.



I've watched several of my friends use a coach and have noticed that they seem to train smarter and post much faster times than I could ever pull off on my own.



Is 2008 the year of the coach for me? Maybe. It's an investment and will require I break down and buy a trainer or rollers but I'm at the point where I need something or someone to help me get to the next level.



Time to start selling junk on craigs list to come up with the money.

3 comments:

tibiker said...

Training Peaks is the best coach for the money. What is this "road racing" you speak of? It doesn't sound like fun.

Anonymous said...

Spend the big bucks on a coach. You'll feel really guilty when you don't do your workouts.

Anonymous said...

who are you?