Friday, July 29, 2011

Like Two Dogs Meeting For The First Time (but we didn't actually sniff)

I ran into Fatty on the Corner Canyon trails this morning.  Fatty on his new Specialized and me on my new Cannondale.  Instincts kicked in and instead of chatting about what's new, we quickly dismounted our bikes and exchanged them for a few minutes.  Lifting them, trying out the suspension, etc.  I was quick to point out that my bike had 3/4 of a water bottle in the cage and not one but two air cartridges on the seat post.  Fatty was quick to point out that his bike had two water bottles in the cages. These details are important when someone else is holding your ultra light race bike.  Helps them subtract the grams in their head. 
After a few minutes, we were both satisfied and returned the bikes and went on our way. 

I think my bike is lighter than Fatty's.  Don't tell him that.

4 comments:

nate said...

did either of you growl? I can totally picture this.

KanyonKris said...

And you have bigger feet?

Ski Bike Junkie said...

I have a hanging scale in my garage. We could find out.

South County Ciclista said...

Which bike was faster?