Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Not So Magic Slippers

The pressure of the yellow shoes (the not so magic slippers) got to me last night at the Soldier Hollow weekly race. I could feel the stares from the other racers during registration and at the start line. I knew I was in trouble.

I had a terrible race. I'm not a huge fan of that course when it stays down low. Not enough steeps to put any distance on anyone. We did 4 laps (about an hour of racing). I'm not a strong descender and it showed last night. But I chalked it up to an hour of interval training and a chance to unwind after working all day. It's a good crowd and a lot of the usual suspects are there each week.

Brandon and Kyle both crushed it.

If you haven't come out to support these weekly races, you are missing out. Quality riders, cheap entry fee, and really good prizes. I think I've walked away with something every time I've raced.

Note to self: Don't mix water with Red Bull in your water bottle during a race. It taste like acid.

2 comments:

Jason McGrew said...

Water and Red Bull? That is nasty man.. Next time try Mountain Dew and Red Bull, also known as a Bull Dew. But I don't think I would take it on during the race.. just stick with the Carborocket. Maybe try mixing those two??

I need to get out to these races.

South County Ciclista said...

I like the shoes. Don't be shy, flaunt them. You have the skills.