Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dropping Lbs the Hard Way

Anyone looking for a quick way to drop some extra lbs? Then head on over to the Italian Place in Lindon and order the Steak n Everything sandwich. It's loaded with steak and veggies and all sorts of vomit inducing bacteria.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon curled up in the fetal position or in the bathroom.

I haven't been able to eat since 2pm yesterday and drinking is even a problem. The good news is, I should be at a good climbing weight for the Draper race. The bad news is, I haven't been able to log any ride miles so far this week.

A 20 oz bottle of Sprite has 100 calories. I wonder how long I can live on just Sprite because I will never eat anything ever again. Never.

10 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

Sorry to hear that. Too bad, that is one of the best tasting sandwiches around.

Jonnie J said...

We have been there many times. Usually a pretty safe place to eat. Give it another day and you'll be ready for the footlong with extra peppers and cheese.

Dave said...

I don't know what you're talking about. i feel great! although the chocolate bar I ate this morning was probably not a good decision.....

KanyonKris said...

Oh, not good. Steak and "everything" has a new connotation now.

We ate there a few weeks ago without incident, but now I'm leery. bacteria roulette.

Aaron said...

Or you can order one of those Borboun burgers at Carl's Jr. That's what I did after Saturday's race, and I came down with the same thing. It's also a great way to recover. Maybe I just can't hold my liquor. I'm just now starting to be able to eat again (3 days later), so I feel your pain.

Fish said...

That sucks. I'm okay risking mild food poisoning for some really good authentic ethnic food, but not for a chain and certainly not for a sandwich chain.

StupidBike said...

I think you have it all wrong.

This, in fact, is the easy way to lose weight.

Rob said...

I couldn't say the word "Horchata" for 6 months without the vomit glands welling up.

SkiMoab said...

I'll make sure to order the footlong, might as well go all out once I'm in.

KristenT said...

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Food poisoning is proof that God hates us. Or Someone has a really weird sense of humor.

You should be up and about in a couple of days...