Sunday, October 31, 2010

UTCX #5

UTCX # 5 dished out more rain and mud racing but this time with costumes.

Here I am making a pass (or maybe getting passed?) by a guy in a full body ski suit and ski helmet. He also had on real ski boots with the bottoms cut out so he could clip in with his cycling shoes.

The race announcers kept calling me an Eagle Scout as I'd come through on my laps. I almost stopped and corrected them. I'm not an Eagle Scout. I'm a Life scout. Let's get that straight.


Gotta love cyclocross.

7 comments:

Rabid said...

I read cyclocross as psychocross. Seriously.

KanyonKris said...

Look at you, so thrifty and brave.

Grizzly Adam said...

We got hit hard. I'm glad it let up a bit toward the end. That off-camber singletrack at the end of the lap was just silly. Tons of fun!

Jonnie J said...

Happy to hear I'm not the only loser that pulled the plug at Life. Now if I could just find that merit badge sash.

Rick Sunderlage said...

as long as we all have our cycling merit badges, we should be proud.

StupidBike said...

I was a girl scout, there were more chicks to meet there. My merit badges aren't family friendly.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Bob- I want the discount on those thin mints when they hit the market. Talk to your girls for me. Cool?