Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Skinsuit

I did it. I ordered my first skinsuit for CX season. I'm THAT dedicated to the sport.

Walking around in lycra shorts and jersey just isn't awkward enough any more. Time to take it one step further.

I can't wait to see what the construction works at the local Chevron think of it when I debut it this Fall.

Pros: No snags when mounting/dismounting the bike, no need to adjust the jersey, stretchy, style points.

Cons: no pockets, no way to hide any extra lbs.



A free pair of Fly socks (when they arrive) to the first person to correctly identify the racer in this pic.

9 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

The ever fast Kyle.

Good luck with the suit.

StupidBike said...

there are a few large plaid skinsuits available, or so I hear.

KanyonKris said...

Is wedgie listed as a pro or con?

Rick Sunderlage said...

Brandon- Yep. Fast Kyle. Socks coming your way.

Bob- I'm not worthy (fast enough)

KK- I don't plan on raising my arms above my head.

CarboRocket said...

Will the skinsuit be brown and pink? I'd wear that for sure.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Brad- I'd like to do a FLY skinsuit but i want to see what the initial kits look like first. Maybe.

Nick Rico said...

You should wear a swimming cap instead of a helmet. That would look SICK!

Rico

Kyle said...

My face never looked so good. :)

Miles: said...

Check out this vid.

http://cowbell.cxmagazine.com/video/2009-pilarcitos-basps-cx-race-2?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=cyclocross&utm_content=cyclocross