Friday, August 27, 2010

Reality Check

I promised free FLY socks to all those who beat me up the AF climb this morning. I counted six of you at the top when I rolled through the parking lot. But my vision was a little blurry so if I missed anyone, let me know.

Brandon
Nick
Corey
Bagley
Darren
Stan

4 of the 6 are riding for SALT cycling next year. I think we have a strong team in the making.

Thanks for the reality check. It felt good to get worked over. I need to pencil in some bike practice if I ever want to ride in a group again.

Kris- Thanks for the fritters

Mark- Thanks for the post ride muffins. I could have eaten one of each. They were amazing.

Dug- For the record, the roads were "damp" with spots of "wet". I don't understand how you can descend like that and drop everyone. You are crazy.

5 comments:

Ski Bike Junkie said...

I was doing 40-45 mph below Tibble and still didn't even come close to catching dug. I was just glad to know that he was scared going through some of those corners. I would have been.

Rick, good to have you back. Let's do it again next week.

dug said...

don't think i'm not claiming the crutches. i think i can trade them for a couple pair of socks.

at a swap meet or something.

i was using the dark side of the force to descend today.

KanyonKris said...

Looking at the ride from my perspective may cheer you: I can't beat a guy who broke his hip 6 weeks ago. All I got is, you were in sight for a little longer than usual.

Seems you retained most of your fitness. You'll only get stronger / faster from today on.

dug, dark powers would explain your amazing descent.

bjchild said...

Dang, I wish I could've made it. Glad to see you back on the bike Rick.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're ready for PCP2P. Awesome!