Sunday, January 17, 2010

A New Kind Of Pain

These are my new black running shoes that Rachelle bought me for Christmas.

I've been avoiding them.

But at the moment, I'm in San Diego on a little vacation with Rachelle. No bikes. So I've been chasing Rachelle all around the boardwalk while wearing these bad boys. (you'll notice that I'm wearing cycling socks to remind me where my roots are).

6 miles yesterday cold turkey. No warm up run no break in period. I feel like my quads have knives in them.

4 miles today.

I know these distances are not far but for a non-runner, 6 miles even 4 miles hurts.

I love that my wife can kick my butt and make me hurt.

I already have the perfect Christmas gift for her next year. It's rhymes with "Shingle speed"

6 comments:

KanyonKris said...

This little peek into your relationship with your wife is disturbing. Passive S&M?

dug said...

i know for a fact there are some very nice cruisers in the garage there. cmon man.

oh, and this: "I love that my wife can kick my butt and make me hurt."

glad you feel so comfortable telling us.

Rob said...

It's when you start to throw in swimming that we'll get nervous...

Grizzly Adam said...

I thought were you going to say "rhymes with shin splints".

I used to love running. I ran XC in high school. But today... I think it pretty much blows. Although every now and again I feel that urge to give it a go. And then after an hour or so I can't feel my legs and I can't figure out why going 5 miles was so effing painful.

Fatty said...

I'm running around 35 miles / wk now. After the initial break-in period it's not so bad. I'm pretty sure, however, it will never get better than "not so bad."

russ said...

I've got the same shoes. They take some running in and the laces certainly take a lot of adjusting but they're great when it's done. Good luck.