Thursday, July 23, 2009

Scars- The Cyclists Tattoo

Scars are just as cool as tattoos. And if you mountain bike (especially at night), chances are you have your share of natural tattoos.

I got another tattoo last night during the Glenwild ride:



I call it "Flying Dog" not because it looks like a dog with wings but because that is the name of the trail that gave it to me. (By the way, the name of that trail needs to be called "Flying Porcupines". Seriously, we saw 5 porcupines last night).

Of the 8 riders, 5 of us had nasty crashes. The trail was angry last night.

After my crash I sat there and thought....Well, that's just great. Now I have to take a shower before I go to bed. Rachelle would freak if the sheets had dirt AND blood on them when she woke up.

4 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

Funny thing. I had to shower after my ride last night as well. I am still healing from a bad crash in CA. I lifted my bike over a canal last night and stuck my pedal right into my large scab. Immediatly blood went everywhere. It hurt worse than the crash itself. In the crashing sense I am glad I missed it. I don't need any more tattoos right now. Mine hurt bad enough.

tp said...

With the big race looming, I'm trying to avoid any tatoos that may hinder my performance. If you can imagine, I'm even slower on the downhill now than ever.

SkiMoab (Dave) said...

Battle Wounds...

Dave said...

even with the battle wounds, it was such a fun ride.