Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I Hope I'm Fast Enough To Pull This Off

My Niner, as we speak, is being outfitted with a new metallic blue EBB (it's the only color they had besides red) and a single speed specific gold chain (again the only color). I'm also putting on some new Race King tires (2.2).

When Ryan at the shop busted out the gold chain, I admit. I had to stare at it for a few minutes. After which I replied:

"I'm not sure I'm fast enough to rock a gold chain"

To which Ryan replied:

"Come on. Gold is what all the rappers wear. Haven't you seen those teeth things they have?"

"Slap that bad boy on" I said. Maybe it will force me to be faster.

I can't wait to show up at the next group ride with my tricked out bike. Now I just need to find one of those handle bars made from a chain. Anyone know where I could find one?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Yes you are fast enough.
2. Do you think it might be those white gloves you picked up back in March that have put you on this slippery slope?

--Larry Fisher

Grizzly Adam said...

My 6yr old son has a gold chain on his bike. he loves it. And it does look sharp.

KanyonKris said...

You look maahvelous, darling.

It is better to look good, than to feel good.

Jeff L. (Li"l Jeff) said...

I can make you a grill for your teeth to go with that set up. That whole rig sound pretty dope/phat/foshizzle.

JZ said...

I bet Dug's Ipod repairman could hook you up.

Aaron said...

I wonder if he could lower your bike for you too? And add some hydraulics so that you can push a button and make your bike bounce up and down. I hear there is a conversion kit for this that uses your existing hydraulic brakes.

Rick Sunderlage said...

The white gloves might have somethign to do w/ it. Good point.

Jeff- will I be able to breathe with that thing in my mouth? If so, I'll make an appt.

Jonnie J said...

Saw your bike at the shop today. The gold chain is impressive, but what's more impressive is that it looks like it came off a motorcycle! That thing is seriously beefy.