Monday, December 29, 2008

Squaw Peak Hill Climb 2009


Kenny organizes at least two group rides per year. One on New Years Day and the other in early Spring (RAWROD) . I try not to miss either of them. The New Years Day ride is the Squaw Peak Hill Climb. A grunt of a climb up a steep, snow packed paved road. I think it's about a 5 mile climb. I'm not exactly sure (I never ride with a bike computer). Depening on the snow conditions it can be a brutal climb.

This year, he is asking that in order to participate, each person consider making a donation to his Livestrong page to support Fatty.

Ride/Race will be on New Years Day and starts at 10am at the base of Squak Peak road. Post ride hot chocolate/coffee at the "Borders" on University immediately following the ride.


Your chance to see Fatty suffer


Riding topless is acceptable but not recommended.

2 comments:

Jonnie J said...

Ricky- I am there. We should carpool. I think my wife is going to be down that way at her sisters that day anyway.

Jonnie

tp said...

I'll be in desert riding the road for a few days. Beleive it or not I'm gonna miss that ride. It was a blast last year! Cold as hell though.