Monday, March 5, 2012

ICUP #1 2012- Desert Rampage

ICUP #1 - Desert Rampage was Saturday.  The conditions couldn't have been any better.  60's, sunny, no wind.

Rachelle and I left the kids at home and drove down Friday after work.  So nice to road trip it with my wife.  She brought her knitting and a comfy chair and hung out in the sun while I raced.  And she executed a flawless handup of CR333 for my final lap.

I lined up with the 40+ Expert category.  I think those salty dogs are some of the fastest guys I've raced against.  I didn't have the best race but it wasn't terrible.  Laps 1and 2 I couldn't get myself to go super hard but by lap 3 I felt great and finally found my speed.  A little too late.  I managed a 10th place finish.  Meh.

Some of these guys are clearly over the line.  


My support crew. (Thanks Rachelle!)

shameless pic rip off from the zazoosh site

No comments: