Friday, September 16, 2011

Thur Night Worlds Recap

In the end, Drew was just way too fast.  He was unbeatable and walked away with the Belt, the cash, and bragging rights (until the next race).  The Belt in now in SLC.  Sorry UC.













The Podium looked like this:
1) Drew
2) Me
3) Brandon
4) Dave B.

Although 2nd place really belongs to Brandon.  We crested Jacobs together and descended together until the finish.  Seconds ahead of me with 100 yards to go, he took a wrong turn so I was able to sneak past him.  But this is my blog and I'm claiming 2nd.  Wrong turns are part of racing.

Post race meal at Village Inn.  Pancakes, bacon, eggs, and a massive glass of chocolate milk.










Thanks to all those who came out last night and suffered (especially to former Champion Brandon who came up from the Payson area to race).  I heard a lot of post race coughing which means people were pushing the pace.

I think we all got a little faster last night. 

4 comments:

Daniel Zvirzdin said...

The fact that you were able to keep up with Brandon on any descent is impressive. Sad I missed it.

dlarisch said...

Rick Thanks for putting on another World Championship. Had a blast and looking forward to next year. Congrats to our new Champ!

South County Ciclista said...

2nd place is yours. You beat me fair and square. It sure was a fun battle. The lights make it interesting as you don't really know how close the person is, but you know they are there from the shining light. Great race. Next time lets do it again on gears.

South County Ciclista said...

DZ - I can't descend worth beans on that 29er SS when the brakes are working good.