Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's A Camelbak Ride

I avoid wearing a Camelbak at all costs but every now and then, a ride requires it.  The RAWROD TT or "Fast Friday" is one of those rides.  Chasing 30 of some of my fastest friends around the White Rim is just what I need.  It's been a long winter.  

Last year I carried chicken strips wrapped in foil over 100 miles through the desert and never stopped to eat them.  I lived off CarboRocket, water, GU, chomps and a power bar and finished on fumes. 

I can still taste that chicken and Diet Coke as I sat on the tailgate of my truck post ride.  One of the best meals I've ever had.   (but still not as good as the Brats at camp later that night)

I hope to see you down there and swap stories over a brat around the fire.

2 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

I got out my camelbak last night and my shoulders already started hurting.

Ski Bike Junkie said...

Shopping list for today:

Carborocket 333
Banana
Apple
Honey Stinger Waffle
Larabar
Shift cable housing

The apple will probably be for post-ride. Lest I be forced to stop to perform the task that nobody can do for me.