Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Step 11

Step 11 of the Niner Biocentric EBB manual clearly states:

11. Loosen the 6mm EBB bolt and
adjust chain tension by rotating the
Bio-Centric EBB. The EBB can be rotated
and set in either direction, giving you the
ability to run a ‘higher’ effective bottom
bracket height when rotating the EBB
upwards, or a ‘lower’ effective bottom
bracket height when rotating the EBB
downwards. Using a T-handle 6mm hex
wrench is helpful, as you can pedal the
cranks to come in contact with the hex
wrench, and then keep pedaling to rotate
the EBB into position (while holding the
hex wrench firmly).

Yet I managed to completely messed it up and stripped the EBB threads.

Can someone PLEASE come by my house and remove all tools and/or sharp objects? I'm an idiot.

Thank you

P.S. Rachelle, there is now a small hole in the garage door. It took me a while to remove my allen tool from the door after I threw it across the room.

9 comments:

dug said...

you still have tools?

Nick Rico said...

After throwing the multi-tool did you stomp your feet and cry? I hope your kids didn't see daddy throw a temper tantrum.

KanyonKris said...

I know that frustration all too well. Most recently it was while trying to get a tire to go tubeless.

I'd offer to help, but if the threads are stripped my guess is it means a new EBB. But if just the allen socket of the screw is messed up, I may be able to help - let me know.

Dave said...

it's the Roids Rico, I know it.

Eric Gaoiran said...

Congrats on getting all the way to step 11!

Anonymous said...

Was that a Niner you were riding at PBville?

eber said...

i'd have hucked the tool just reading the instructions. let alone stripping the threads.

Ricky said...

quit tinkering, tinkerer.
btw, this is why i always have dug do my heavy-duty mechanical work.

Rick Sunderlage said...

KK- thanks for the offer

Dave & Rico- It's NOT the juice