Monday, April 20, 2009

The Meeting Invite

Had a lunch meeting with one of the big cheese Directors at work. He is always busy and it's hard to get time on his calendar. I had to get creative. I sent him this:

Date: Mon 4/20
Time: 11:30
Where: Parking lot
Subject: Parking lot to AF, up to Pine Hollow and back

He accepted.

We rode up to the Pine Hollow gate to check out conditions. You can go a few hundred yards past the gate until you start to see this:



Check out the view just an hour from my cubical. I still can't get over it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You let him win the sprint, right?

Rob said...

Judging from your G-force affected cheek, you were doing about 40 when you took the picture? Carefull little brother...

Rick Sunderlage said...

Brad- of course. I'm no dummy. I even carried his water bottles up the climb and then handed him my powerbar at the top.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Rob- That's just where I store my extra body fat. That pic was taken on the climb.

KanyonKris said...

Working the system. I admire your skills.

dug said...

graybeard

vh1 said...

While you were riding guess what scenery I was looking at?
How far was the snow blockade from the big rocks in the road?

Aaron said...

Did he ask if you got the memo about the tps reports?

vh1 - why don't you ever post pictures of your scenic vistas on your blog?

Rick Sunderlage said...

Sam- I'm not going to guess.

we hit snow a couple hundred yards from those rocks. The snow was easy enough to walk around but we didn't go much higher. Out of time.

Dug - I'm an old man.

Jonnie J said...

I need to get up that way. One of my favorite rides is that descent while the gate is still closed. Love to take those corners wide and not have to worry about cars.