Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spring Break

Last week was Spring Break. We loaded up the kids in the Tahoe and met Dug and his family in San Diego. This being a family vacation, I left the bikes at home. It was nice to take some time to chill at the beach, eat large amounts of Mexican food, visit SeaWorld, and do a lot of relaxing.

But in the back of my mind, I knew that RAWROD was fast approaching. 100 + miles on dirt is no small ride. I needed to log some miles. So I borrowed a bike and hit the boardwalk. I loaded up the bike seat with my 2 year old daughter and went for a spin. I think I got about 0.25 miles in of intense effort.

Check out Dug's bike. Love the bars.

4 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Sweet rides! Born to be wild for sure.

Good to meet at Corner Canyon today.

Anonymous said...

those bars are the result of rear-ending that bus. bummer.

Anonymous said...

can't see the bike for his kit

Eric Gaoiran said...

we should rent some beach cruisers for a day and ride them around corner canyon. Those fat tires would be great for a comfy downhill.